Friday, June 8, 2012

Movie Review: Merry-Go-Round

So I finally got around to watching this Hong Kong movie called "Merry-Go-Round". I've been wanting to watch it for a long time but just couldn't find the DVD. The main reason is because Nora Miao is in it. She starred in I think just about every Bruce Lee movie ever made. This is not your usual Hong Kong action thriller kung fu flick, I'm really getting tired of those, how many Ip Man movies does one have to endure? This is not your typical Hong Kong movie and that is good. It's not your typical Hong Kong movie because it is one darn good movie. It's pretty much about how we really need to change how we perceive our choices in life. We always seem to regret everything and that somehow if we did things differently life would be so much better. This movie tells us that you know what it wouldn't be any better. I'd have to agree with this message. Just looking at my friends around me and how they just wish things would be different I can see that different wouldn't necessarily mean better. Anyways, it's a fairly deep movie and I enjoyed it. Just a side note but while looking up some of the cast on IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1756487/) I noticed at least two are Asian Americans Lawrence Chou and Jayson Li. One of the directors Clement Cheng is too. Anyways, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment